Monday, August 26, 2013

What Are Men Really Thinking About?

My hubby is not a reader…unless it’s the maintenance manual for his precious Polaris or his hunting magazine. But even with the latter, I’m convinced he’s only looking at the pictures.  Heaven forbid I ask his opinion on one of my blog posts because he suddenly remembers an emergency that needs his immediate attention in the garage.

So when he got home today and told me he wanted to read me something, I actually got a little scared.  Could it be a secret love letter from an old girlfriend, bad news from his doctor, or maybe cut backs at work?  As I sit down and prepare myself for the worst, he reads me this email from a friend:



Of course when hubby read it to me, he changed the word "motorcycle" to "Polaris". I about died laughing because this is SO true in marriage! I don't know how many sleepless nights I've had torturing myself while he's snoring right next to me...probably dreaming about his precious Polaris. Well, no more. Next time, he seems distracted and quiet and tells me nothing is wrong, I'm going to believe him, leave him to his thoughts, and take a nice, long bubble bath. 

But wait. Do you think my hubby was trying to tell me something with that email? NAH! He just thought it was funny.

Gotta love marriage!

Love, 
Yolanda

PS: I wish I could give credit to the original writer of "Her Diary, His Diary" but I could not find the author's name. So I hope they don't mind that I shared it because it was too funny to resist.    


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and feedback.