Monday, August 5, 2013

Back To School Prayer of a Teacher-Mom



Say it ain’t so
Where did the summer go?

Is it really time for back to school?
Oh why, oh why
Is the end of summer so cruel?

No more pjs until noon
That alarm bell is gonna ring so soon

My brain is still in a summer haze
Not ready for the morning craze

Help me Lord to have the strength
To get us to school on time
And give me the patience of a saint
To ignore my child’s morning whine

Help me pack the lunches
Do my morning crunches
Check for stinky breath
While quizzing for that morning test

Protect us as we drive to school
Remind me Lord to keep my cool
But if I should lose it in the drop-off lane
Forgive me Lord some moms drive insane

But Lord most importantly
Come to school with me
Fill me with your Spirit daily
Give me your eyes so I may see
Where your love needs to be
Help me hide your Word inside my heart
So that your Good News I may impart


Amen
Yolanda
Reborn2Write
(Feel free to use poem. I only ask that you give credit to blog.)

2 comments:

  1. Another good one!!!! I love the cartoon!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jerry. Praying you are doing well and for continued blessing on your AgapeHeart Ministries. I love all the healing testimonies. Awesome! Pray for me. That as I go back to work and get back into a routine that I am filled with the Spirit so I can feel and share God's love. Talk to you soon.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and feedback.