Friday, April 13, 2018

Are You Dressed and Ready?


OK, it's 1:30 in the morning and I can't sleep.
I am wide awake.
Normally, if I wake up like this its because I feel an urgent need to pray for someone.
Not this time.
This time it's like I'm waiting for something but I don't know what.
I'm anticipating and expecting something that has me on edge.
I've been meaning to write a blog post on the following passage of scripture but I've been putting it off.

Busy...life...not sure what to write.

However, I feel like this morning is the day to write and share it.

In Luke 12:35-40 (NLT) Jesus said, "Be dressed and ready for service, and keep your lamps burning, as though you were waiting for your master to return from the wedding feast. Then you will be ready to open the door and let him in the moment he arrives and knocks. The servants who are ready and waiting for his return will be rewarded.  I tell you the truth, he himself will seat them, put on an apron, and serve them as they sit and eat! He may come in the middle of the night or just before dawn. But whenever he comes, he will reward his servants who are ready. Understand this: If a homeowner knew exactly when a burglar was coming, he would not permit his house to be broken into. You also must be ready all the time, for the Son of Man will come when least expected."

I've read this passage many times, but I've never caught the beauty of the image of Jesus wearing an apron and seating and serving me Himself.
I understood when Jesus put on an apron and washed the disciples' feet. He had come as a servant, to model sacrifice and service so that we would learn from His example and serve one another. But, in Heaven, Jesus is in His resurrected body. He is glorious and our King. And yet, this scripture says that the KING of KINGS and LORD of LORDS is going to personally seat and serve us at the wedding feast of the LAMB.

I confess I'm not worthy.
I'm a mess.
Sometimes it takes everything in me to dig up a mustard seed of faith.
And, yet Jesus loves me.
He died on the cross for me.
He washed away my sins.
He made me a new creation and gave me a new heart.
His blood covers me in His righteousness and makes me worthy.
He has given me His Spirit and when I pray in His Name all things are possible.
He is the Commander of Angel Armies and He surrounds me with His angels.
He has promised me eternal life with Him in heaven.
He has given me an invitation to the wedding feast of the Lamb.
He has a reserved a seat for me.
He has promised to walk me to my seat and serve me a glorious meal and we will sit and eat.
He has promised to come for me at the appointed time.
So, I will be dressed and ready.
I will keep my lamp burning, full of Holy Spirit oil.
I will keep watch and be waiting at the door to let Him in.
And with every breath in my body, I will sing, "Come, LORD JESUS, come."

My friends, the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world, the KING of KINGS and LORD of LORDS, the Great I AM, the First and the Last, the One who is, and was, and is to come, is standing at the door of your heart and knocking asking you to let Him in. He wants to wipe away every tear, heal every hurt, fill you with His Spirit who will comfort you and guide you during these turbulent times.

The wedding date is soon approaching. The invitations have been sent out. Are you ready? Are you dressed? Are you watching? Once the wedding starts, once the Bridegroom comes for His Bride, the doors will be shut.

Jesus said, "When the master of the house has locked the door, it will be too late. You will stand outside knocking and pleading, 'LORD, open the door for us!' But he will reply, 'I don't know you or where you came from." (Luke 13:25 NLT)

If you are reading this and you've never let Him in, Jesus is knocking at your heart. He is extending is arms of love, acceptance, and mercy. He does not want to shut the door on anyone! He wants all to come in. It's not too late. Open your heart and let Him in. You won't regret it. It will be the best decision you will ever make.

If you are not sure how to open the door, all you have to do is talk to Him. John 1:12 says, "To all who receive Him (Jesus), to all who believe in His name (Jesus), He gave the right to become children of God." Pray a simple prayer and mean it with all your heart.

Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for my sins. Forgive me for the sins I have committed against you, those I knew about and those I did not know. Come live in my heart and give me Your Holy Spirit. Guide and direct my life. Help me to read Your Word and understand it. Help me to be more like you every day. In Jesus Name I pray. Amen.

Love,
Yolanda






No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and feedback.