Monday, September 5, 2016

The Internet, Left Behind, and Me


One of my favorite novels is Left Behind, by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins. It put me on the path towards following Jesus wholeheartedly. If you've not heard of the book, it follows a group of characters left behind after the Rapture. They must endure seven years of Tribulation. After I read the book, I committed my life to the LORD.  Also, I felt compelled to share the Gospel with those whom I feared would be left behind.

Yesterday, I was talking to a friend about the very real possibility that the Internet will be transferred from US control to a foreign entity at midnight on September 30th. This entity could consist of nations who do not value freedom of speech or expression. Nations who control and censor the information permitted to their citizens, who persecute people of other faiths, and who limit the freedoms of women. Read this article: September 30th - Beginning of the End for Free Speech on the Net?

America may have its issues, but we are still ruled by a constitution that allows for freedom of speech, religion, and equality for all. If we lose the Internet to a controlling body who does not share these values, not only will we suffer in America, but also those around the world who rely on the Internet for uncensored information.

As I was discussing this with my friend, I told her, “I loved the Left Behind series, but I never expected to be a character in the series.”
She started laughing.
I did my fake chuckle because I was serious!
You see, in the Left Behind series, this group of characters called The Tribulation Force must hide underground. Christians are being persecuted and killed by the Antichrist. The Antichrist has taken control of the media and all forms of communication. 

I know some of you are reading this and thinking, “Wow, she’s a conspiracy theorist and has an active imagination.” True enough.

But really, those who study Bible prophecy realize this is the next step in creating a One World Order. How do you control people without controlling the information they have access to? You don’t.

So, what do I do? Because I’ll be honest, the book series freaked me out. I remember having to read the books in small chunks because I’d have nightmares. When the book was released in 1995, I figured I’d be long gone before any of the End Times stuff started to happen.

Well, hello! I’m still here. So, now I need a plan B.

Here’s plan B.
  • Contact my congressmen and ask them to stop the transfer of the Internet by supporting the Protecting the Internet Freedom Act put forth by some Republican senators. There is a hearing taking place next week.
  • Then pray like crazy that God intervenes and stops this transfer. The Internet is one of the greatest tools for sharing the Gospel, especially to those who are not allowed Bibles. I pray that God keeps this door open. If He doesn’t then I’ll go to plan C.
Plan C:
  • Read and hide God’s Word in my heart. Reading God's Word keeps my focus on Jesus, the source of all my hope.
  • Share the Gospel as much as I can, as long as I can, by any means I can.
If we lose control of the Internet, the effects may not show up immediately. The change will be gradual. That's how the deception of the enemy operates. Eventually,we may lose the ability to write Christian posts, post scripture on social media, or worse. Some of you may read this and think, “She’s over-exaggerating.” Well, earlier this year, a nation passed a law prohibiting Christians from sharing their faith. And, I just read that the first arrests in that nation have begun. Will that come to my shores? I pray not, but in my heart of hearts I know that it will come eventually. God’s Word says that it will come to the whole world when the Antichrist takes over. 

So, I need Plan G - God’s Plan!

This is what God says,
“Yolanda, MY plans are better and higher than your plans. (Isaiah 55:8-9)
So, stop brainstorming options and plans, because My plan will prevail. (Proverbs 19:21 MSG)
You don’t have to worry because the plans I have for you are not to harm you. They are to give you a hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)
So, don't let your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. I give you My Peace. (John 14:27)
My Peace, which surpasses your understanding, will guard your heart and mind. (Philippians 4:7)
So you can count on ME. Put your hope in My Word. (Psalm 130:5)
Remember who The WORD is – JESUS! He is called the WORD OF GOD! (Revelation 19:13)
In the beginning was the WORD, and the WORD was with GOD and the WORD was God. (John 1:1)
The WORD of God is perfect. He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him. (Psalm 18:30)
Do you really think I, the GREAT I AM, need the Internet to spread My Word?
MY WORD is alive and full of power. (Hebrews 4:12)
No one, and I mean NO ONE, can stop it.
My WORD will stand FOREVER!!! (Isaiah 40:8)
Heaven and earth (as it is known now) will pass away, but My words will never pass away. (Matthew 24:35 AMP)
The words I send out will not return to Me void (useless, without result) without accomplishing what I desire, and without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it. (Isaiah 55:11 AMP)
Remember the things I have done in the past.
For I alone am God!
I am God and there is none like me.
Only I can tell the future before it happens.
Everything I plan will come to pass, for I do whatever I wish.
I have said I what I would do, and I will do it. (Isaiah 46:9-11 NLT)
You know, Yolanda, that in the Last Days there will be very difficult times. (2 Timothy 3:1)
But, strong and powerful is the one who carries out My Word. (Joel 2:11)
So, let all those who do nothing but dream – go ahead and tell their silly dreams.
But you who have a message from ME – tell it truly and faithfully. (Jeremiah 23:28-29 MSG)
So, keep it up. Don’t let anyone silence or intimidate you. No matter what happens, I’m with you. (Acts 18:9)
Look, I'm coming soon, and I'm bringing my reward with me to repay everyone according to their deeds. I AM the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End." (Revelation 22:12-13)

I don't know about you, but I'm going with Plan G!

God reminded me yesterday that I am not, and will never be, a character from Left Behind. I have put my faith in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior which means that God has marked and sealed me as His very own. Jesus promised to rescue me from the wrath that is coming. He will blow that Trumpet and call me up to meet Him in the air. So where He is I may be also. God gave us this promise in Isaiah 8:11-14: 


The LORD said to me in the strongest terms: "Do not think like everyone else does. Do not be afraid that some plan conceived behind closed doors will be the end of you. Do not fear anything except the LORD Almighty. He alone is the Holy One. If you fear Him, you need fear nothing else.  He will keep you safe."

So what about you? What plan will you chose - God's plan or your own?

Love,
Yolanda
#PrayVotePray




May you be blessed by this next song: Way Maker by Sinach. Jesus is our Way Maker!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and feedback.