Tuesday, September 27, 2016

America is Spiritual


Recently, I watched a speech by former Congressman, Bob McEwen, entitled “A Time Such As This" and he said a very profound statement.
“Being an American is not physical. Being an American is spiritual. It’s what you believe. It’s what you stand for... America is spiritual.”

Because being an American is spiritual, people can come from all over the world and become Americans. They choose to embrace the American spirit. However, that spirit is based on God’s Word. Our founding fathers laid the very foundation of our nation on the Bible. All you have to do is look at our national monuments covered in scripture and the Washington Monument’s capstone that has the Latin words, “Praise be to God”.   

Because America is spiritual, the battle for the soul of America is a spiritual battle. God clearly warned us:

Ephesians 6:12-13 (AMP)
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood [contending only with physical opponents], but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this [present] darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly (supernatural) places. Therefore, put on the complete armor of God, so that you will be able to [successfully] resist and stand your ground in the evil day [of danger], and having done everything [that the crisis demands], to stand firm [in your place, fully prepared, immovable, victorious].

So many times through out the Old Testament, the Israelites made the mistake of looking to man, nations, kings, and foreign armies to help them. They would get defeated, turn back to God, and ask for His help. God, in His unfailing love and mercy, would come to their rescue. I can't find fault with them because I find myself doing the same thing. I want a leader, a president, a modern day David to come and rescue us. But God asked me this morning, after a disappointing political evening, “Do you trust ME?” And without hesitating, I said, “God, you know I’m afraid but I trust You.”

Throughout the Bible, God would place His Followers in seemingly impossible situations:
Facing a dead end at the Red Sea
Facing the lions in the lion's den
Facing the fiery furnace
Facing a giant
Facing enemy armies when they were outnumbered
Facing an angry mob
Facing shipwreck
Facing capture and prison bars
Facing death in the belly of a whale

And they would trust Him. And He’d step into what seemed an impossible situation and do a miracle. Then, the people would know that He alone was God and worship Him.

So this morning, I’m putting on my spiritual armor because in order to fight a spiritual battle you need spiritual weapons. 

Ephesians 6:14-17(AMP)
So stand firm and hold your ground, having tightened the wide band of truth (personal integrity, moral courage) around your waist and having put on the breastplate of righteousness (an upright heart), and having strapped on your feet the gospel of peace in preparation [to face the enemy with firm-footed stability and the readiness produced by the good news]. Above all, lift up the [protective shield of faith with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. 


And, I will open the pages of God’s Word that guide and comfort me. I will fast and pray for my beloved America, and I will do my civic duty and vote in November. And I will lay my head down on my pillow on November 8th, trusting my LORD for the outcome.

“Listen to me, my people. Hear me, Israel [Yolanda], for my law will be proclaimed, and my justice will become a light to the nations. My mercy and justice are coming soon. Your salvation is on the way. I will rule the nations. They will wait for me and long for my power…Listen to me, you who know right and wrong and cherish my law in your hearts. Do not be afraid!” (Isaiah 51:4-5,7)

Love,
Yolanda
 Join me in praying, voting, and praying some more.


The following video is a call to action.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and feedback.