Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The Prize

"Whenever God gives you a promise, it's because he has gone into the future and brought back the words necessary to get us there." Bill Johnson from his book, Hosting His Presence


Recently, I prayed for something very specific…again.
God’s answer seemed to be a resounding “Not yet”…again.
Not  a “No”.
Not a “Yes”.
But I a definite “Maybe”.

Last year, I had a dream about this particular prayer request. In my dream, God’s answer was a definite “YES”. It was a beautiful dream and I woke up with a longing for this prayer to be answered. Over the years, each time I think this prayer is going to be answered in the affirmative, I seem to get the same response, “Not yet”.

I’ll tell my friends that I’m not disappointed. I’ll even tell myself that very same thing but, in reality, I’m always kind of crushed. Sometimes I think that maybe I am standing in the way of my own blessing, my brain getting in the way of taking a leap of faith. But I've learned to put aside my disappointment, trust in His timing, and soak in His truths. God’s truth always crushes the Enemy’s lies.  So…

When the world jeers instead of cheers
When fake smiles turn into tears
When all you've strived for goes bust
When all you've built turns into dust
When what you thought was love was really just lust
When those you've confided in break your trust
When friends disappoint and life seems unjust
When the mirror says you’re just not enough

When the fight seems outnumbered
And the climb seems too steep
When the battle seems endless
And the pit seems too deep

When the road most traveled
Seems easier to cross
When you’re tired of pretending
And count it all loss

Stop fighting your demons
And take a deep breath
Remember GOD loves you
In spite of your mess

Sometimes you don’t feel Him
But know that’s He’s there
Whispering to your spirit,
“Hold on. I've got you. Trust me. I care.”

Don’t listen to the lies
The Enemy is shouting in your ears
The approval you seek
Won’t come from your peers

The TRUTH is
I love you with all that I AM
For I AM love
It’s for you that I came

I formed you
I want you
I gave you My SON
You’re the prize
My Child
The prize I have won

So if the answer to your prayer seems to be a resounding, “not yet”; don’t go down the path of despair. Don’t give up. Keep the faith. God's Word tells us to keep asking, keep seeking, keep knocking. He has promised to answer. (Matthew 7:7) For He has called us this beloved prize. 

He chose to give birth to us by giving us his true word. And we, out of all creation, became his prized possession. (James 1:18 NLT)

All who confess that Jesus is the Son of God have God living in them, and they live in God. We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in his love. God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them. (1 John 4:15-16 NLT)

The Lord your God wins victory after victory and is always with you. He celebrates and sings because of you, and he will refresh your life with his love.” (Zephaniah 3:17 CEV)

So, friends, take a firm stand, feet on the ground and head high. Keep a tight grip on what you were taught, whether in personal conversation or by our letter. May Jesus himself and God our Father, who reached out in love and surprised you with gifts of unending help and confidence, put a fresh heart in you, invigorate your work, enliven your speech. (2 Thessalonians 2:16 MSG)

Love,
Yolanda




No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and feedback.