Monday, January 20, 2014

Praise Report: Does God Read Minds?

I have an awesome praise report!

Have you ever wondered if God can read our minds. Does He really care about all our crazy, self-absorbed, funny thoughts that run through are brains moment by moment?  Well the answer is: 

YES He does!

This morning I was having some doubts about my writing.

I was thinking to myself, (well, I thought it was to myself…)
“I wish I knew if people read my post or got anything out of it.”

Then I opened up my Jesus Calling* devotion this morning, January 20th and it read:
“Approach this day with awareness of who is BOSS.”

That word “BOSS” gripped my heart because that is the final word I wrote in my last blog post, Unleashing Your Inner Bombshell.  Just yesterday, I wrote that God was my BOSS.

The Jesus Calling devotion goes on to read:
“It is I who orchestrate the events of your life…Don’t try to figure out what is happening. Simply trust ME and thank ME in advance for the good that will come out of it all.”

And just to drive the point home, the accompanying scripture verse, Isaiah 55:9-11 (MSG) reads: 
"I don't think the way you think. The way you work isn't the way I work."
God's Decree:
"For the sky soars high above the earth, so the way I work surpasses the way you work, and the way I think is beyond the way you think.
Just as the rain and snow descend from the skies and don't go back until they've watered the earth, producing seeds for farmers and food for the hungry,
So will the words that come out of MY mouth not come back empty-handed.
They will do the work I sent them to do,
They'll complete the assignment I gave them."
Thank you Lord for speaking to my heart this morning. Thank you Lord for the reminder: YOUR WORDS. YOUR ASSIGNMENT!!!

I needed to hear from YOU today. Forgive me for my doubts, for trying to figure it all out, and for my sinful nature that allows pride to cloud my mind and heart.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, JESUS.
ALL FOR YOU ,LORD!

Amen,
Yolanda


PS: If I ever doubted God was reading my mind...question answered.
Psalm 139 came alive for me this morning.


O LORD, you have examined my heart
and you know everything about me...
You know my thoughts...
You know everything I do.
You know what I am going to say
Even before I say it...
You go before me...
You place a hand of blessing on my head..
How precious are Your thoughts about me...
When I wake up you are still with me..
Search me, O GOD, and know my heart...
Point out anything in me that offends you...
Lead me to everlasting life....



* Jesus Calling Enjoying Peace in His Presence  by Sarah Young









2 comments:

  1. Please, don't ever doubt your writing!!!!! It is fun, fresh, honest, filled with encouragement and the Love of the Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your writing is a huge blessing to those who read it even if they don't comment!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jerry...I know you get it. It's a constant struggle. But the Lord is helping me in this area and this post was my way of building myself another monument of faith that I can go back and reread when my flesh is warring with my spirit. I am so glad to have met someone else who loves to write for the Lord...divine appointment for sure. You are a huge blessing to me.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and feedback.