Monday, January 6, 2014

Mom in the Middle - A Mom's New Year's Prayer


Christmas has past
The New Year has begun
My child is back in school
Now its time for mom to have some fun

But today I’ll take it slow…
Drink my coffee
Read God's Word
Breath in my Father’s love
And let His Peace feed my soul

Because as mom, my place is not at the head
That place is reserved for Dads instead
Nor placed down below
A place for child’s play and time to grow

But in the middle is my place
My mission to fill my heart with God’s amazing Grace
So I can lift the head when he grows weary
Provide him love, support, and a home that is cheery

God has placed me perfectly in the middle
To reach down and nurture those who are little
To kiss and give them a mother’s hug
And most of all to show them The Father's Love

So Lord, meet me here in the middle
Fill me with Your Holy Spirit, 
To overflowing
And not just a little

Being mom in the middle
Can be overwhelming
But nothing’s impossible, Lord,
With Your Spirit helping

So help me, Father
To feel Your love
To hear Your voice
To the very depth of my soul
With every beat of my heart
For only with the Fruits of Your Spirit,
Lord, do I want this New Year to start...

Amen,
Yolanda


Galations 5:22-23
But the Spirit produces love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, humility, and self-control. 








5 comments:

  1. I Love It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your poetry is awesome!!!!!!
    Jerry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Jerry, I had a typo on first reply...gosh this tech stuff is difficult. Anyways, Thank you for your encouragement in my writing. It really means a lot and helps me keep writing. God Bless.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful prayer from a godly mother's heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...thank you Ruth. Positive feedback feeds a writer's soul. I really appreciate it.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and feedback.