Thursday, October 10, 2013

Showers of Blessings


Have you ever had one of those days when you are trying to do a good thing, helpful even, and then all your good intentions end up pouring down all around you, leaving you a wet mess.  Well that’s what happened to me today….literally.

Today on the preschool playground I was trying to do a good thing. We have an airplane teeter totter that the children love to ride but we closed it because it was under a canopy that had filled with rainwater from last night.  I figured that I could easily remove the water by getting a broomstick and pushing the water off of the canopy.  Well the first big puddle of water emptied easily enough. The second puddle was a bit larger so I pushed a little bit harder and well you know what happen…..

Let it rain. Let it pour, all over Miss Yolanda!

I got soaked. Completely and utterly. Down to my chonies wet! And it was COLD! 

Immediately, I started laughing. I could not believe it, but then again I really could believe it knowing my luck. My coworkers just stood there in shock and then joined in laughter figuring it was OK to laugh with me just not at me.  Some of the children were a little shocked and stated the obvious, “Miss Yolanda, you’re all wet.”

Now standing there cold and wet, I had two choices.  I could have easily let the downpour bring anger, embarrassment, and frustration or I could let it bring down showers of blessings. I chose blessings, blessings of spontaneous laughter and joy.  And my God is a God of miracles because my cell phone in my pocket was the only thing that did not get wet.

When life happens and good intentions end up getting us all wet, we must remember it is our attitude and outlook that can either make them into blessings or curses. If we are willing to laugh at ourselves, look up to Jesus and say, "Thank you for making me laugh today and thank you for saving my phone" we may see that God has just sent us the shower we needed to refresh our souls. It was our own special shower of blessings.

Ezekiel 34:26 (NLT)
I will bless my people and their homes around my holy hill. And in the proper season I will send the showers they need. There will be showers of blessing.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (CEV)
Always be joyful  and never stop praying. Whatever happens, keep thanking God because of Jesus Christ. This is what God wants you to do.

Love,
Yolanda 



1 comment:

  1. Good story, Good lesson to you and the people around you, including the kids!!! You are really growing in the Love and Joy of the Lord!!!!! Praise God!!!! Jerry

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback.