Sunday, March 17, 2013

Still - A Poem



Today I took the time to be still
To bask in the gift of spring
That arrived a few days ahead of schedule

I dusted off winter from two old lawn chairs
On one I rested my cherry red toes
The other I reclined my head
Receiving a kiss from the sun as I released my woes

I closed my eyes and quieted my heart
Pulse, breath, pulse, breath
Stress slipped away
And Peace found its place

God, is this what Heaven will be like?
Will my new body feel the warmth of Your love
Like the sun on my face?
Will my soul be at rest and my spirit content?

Closing my eyes I began to speak to my Creator, my King, my Father, my Friend
Help me to see You Lord in all of Your glory and visit with You in the Heavenly realm
My hair swirled in a breeze, refreshing and cool
As I felt my Lord whisper softly into my soul
"My daughter, with Whom and where do you think you have been?"

Written by Yolanda

Psalm 46:10 Be still and know that I am God.
Ephesians 2:6 For He raised us from the dead along with Christ and seated us with Him in the Heavenly realms because we are united with Christ Jesus.



1 comment:

I appreciate your comments and feedback.