Wednesday, May 29, 2019

My First Stalker Encounter - I'm Your Biggest Fan


So, I had my first stalker incident...
and, surprisingly, it wasn’t me doing the stalking. 
I’m heading to the grocery store and this guy in the car behind me starts honking at me - repeatedly, excitedly. He rolls down his window, waving at the stoplight so I roll down my window and he yells out, “I’m a writer, too.”
You see, my license plate frame identifies me as a writer.
So, I give him a thumbs up, say “that’s cool,” and keep driving. Well, he follows me. 
I turn left, he turns left.
I turn right, he turns right.
I pull into grocery store parking lot, he turns into grocery store parking lot. 
Now, I just start praying:
“LORD, if this guy is some crazy stalker, or has some deep seeded hatred towards Christian bloggers, and it’s my time to go, forgive me of my sins, into Your hands I place my life....If it’s not my time to go, let him be a publisher!”

Trepidatiously, I park and exit my vehicle. He jumps out of his car and asks me, “Hi, what do you write?”
No - “How do you do” or “Sorry I freaked you out by following you.”

So, I told him I’m a Christian writer and have several children’s books. He nods politely and then proceeds to tell me he’s a poet, with a published poetry book, and starts reciting to me his poetry. It is surprisingly very good! Stalker friend if you are reading this, “Your poetry is very good. I enjoyed it. Please, don’t track me down.”
Ok, better.

Now, this is my life.
My first stalked doesn’t really want to know about me. Isn’t really interested in my writing. He has a need to share his. I could be offended. I could feel sad. But, really this is my calling in life - To listen to others. To encourage others. To pray for others. That’s the life Jesus calls us to. He wants us to pour out our lives like a drink offering of sacrifice. Writers crave feedback. It’s a writer’s love language. So, if I get honked at, followed, and recited poetry too, that’s my Divine appointment for the day. I lived. I survived. I have a new blog post to write. It’s all good.

Philippians 2:1-4 MSG
If you’ve gotten anything at all out of following Christ, if his love has made any difference in your life, if being in a community of the Spirit means anything to you, if you have a heart, if you care— then do me a favor: Agree with each other, love each other, be deep-spirited friends. Don’t push your way to the front; don’t sweet-talk your way to the top. Put yourself aside, and help others get ahead. Don’t be obsessed with getting your own advantage. Forget yourselves long enough to lend a helping hand.

Love (not stalker love- just sisterly love of Christ), 
Yolanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and feedback.