Friday, April 26, 2019

Let the Weak Say I Am a Warrior - National Day of Prayer 2019

I love the story of Gideon. Gideon was a man full of fear, surrounded by cruel, enemy forces. When Jesus, The Angel of the LORD, appears to Gideon he is hiding in a winepress, which is a pit in the ground. He is safe in the pit. The pit is familiar, comfortable even.

When Jesus appears to Gideon, he doesn't rebuke him for his cowardly behavior. Jesus looks past the outward appearance to the heart within. Jesus sees the potential in Gideon, the hero Gideon can be if he merely puts his trust in Him.

Jesus says, "The LORD is with you, you mighty man of valor."

Gideon does what many of us would do if Jesus appeared to us and called us a "mighty man or woman of valor."
Gideon basically says, "Who me?"
Immediately, we would start listing all of our faults to God:
I'm not a warrior - I'm weak.
I'm not brave - I'm fearful.
I'm a nobody from a nobody family.
You can't use me, God.
Just leave me in the pit.

Jesus tell Gideon, "Gideon, I have a job for you to do. Go in this might of yours. For surely I am with you and you will defeat your enemies."

Jesus looks at our inner potential and speaks life into that person. He looks past our mess-ups, shortcomings, fear, and doubts and calls us a "Mighty Warrior."

But, just like Gideon had to come out of the pit, we have to be willing to come out of our pit. We have to leave our safe place, comfort zone, our same-old-same-old level of faith. We have to reach higher and step up our faith.

Jesus does not want us to stay hiding in the winepress. The LORD is with us, but he is calling us out of fear and bondage into the spiritual battlefield. In Christ, with Christ, He fights our battles. The victory is already His, but we have to take that step of faith and walk out of our dark pit into the His marvelous light.

We have to put our feet in the water before He'll part the sea.
We have to pick up our stone and throw it at the giant before He'll slay the giant for us.
We have to risk it all and go before the King asking for His favor to save our people before the King will move on our behalf.

So, my life verse has become, "Let the weak say I am a warrior." (Joel 3:10)

Jesus is calling up Gideons in these last days. The enemy is surrounding us, trying to silence our voices, and robbing us of our harvest. The enemy wants us to live in fear in the winepress so that we are ineffective for God's Kingdom and we leave our family open to attack.

But, let the weak say I am strong. Let the weak put on their full armor of God. Let the weak come out of hiding and go forth in this might of ours that we have received by the power of the Holy Spirit living in us. Let the weak become warriors of faith for the sake of their families, communities, and nations.

On Thursday, May 2nd, is the National Day of Prayer. Let us lift up our voices in prayer. Let's be bold and courageous, meeting at flag poles, school lunch tables, work break rooms, halls of government, parks, dinner tables, coffee shops, and living rooms. Let's lift our hands and pray and see The Angel of the LORD unleash His angel army and fight our battles. To Him be all glory, honor, and praise. In Jesus Name I pray. Amen!!!

Love,
Yolanda


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and feedback.