Wednesday, March 16, 2016

I Long



I long to go where those before me have gone
Where death and sin do not belong

I long to go beyond the cares of this life
Where there is no hatred, evil, war, or strife

I long to run through the heavenly meadows in bloom
Where there is no sorrow, illness, darkness, or gloom

I long to receive the keys to my eternal home
Where hand and hand with Jesus I’ll roam

I long for the day when Jesus will rule
Heaven His throne, earth His footstool

I long to see my name in the Lamb’s Book of Life
Written there by my Savior who paid the ultimate price

I long to see Jesus face to face
Collapse at His feet, overwhelmed by His mercy and grace

So give the angelic order, LORD
For the trumpets to blow
Open the gates of the heavenly city, LORD
Where my soul longs to go

Written by Yolanda

And I saw the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven like a beautiful bride prepared for her husband. I heard a loud shout from the throne saying, “Look, the home of God is now among His people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them. He will remove their sorrows, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. For the old world and its evils are gone forever.” Revelation 21:3-4

“See, I am coming soon, and my reward is with me, to repay all according to their deeds. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.” Blessed are those who wash their robes so they can enter through the gates of the city and eat the from the tree of life.” Revelation 22:12-14


The Spirit and the bride say, "Come." Let each one who hears them say, "Come." Let the thirsty ones come - anyone who wants to. Let them come and drink the water of life without charge.  Revelation 22:17





No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and feedback.