Friday, April 3, 2015

Easter Prayer

Drawing by Tammy Nasir

Jesus, Easter is all about YOU
I lift my voice in praise and thanksgiving
Thank you for YOUR sacrifice of love
The world attempts to distort and hide the meaning of this holiday
They run from YOUR sacrifice towards frivolous distractions  
But YOU will not be hidden
YOU will not be forgotten
On Good Friday, I remember the price YOU paid
On my behalf and for all the world
Our sins placed on YOU, The Lamb of God who is worthy
Beaten beyond recognition
Your back laid bare
A crown a thorns pierced your brow
Above your head a sign placed
Declaring YOUR identity
“THE KING OF THE JEWS”
What the enemy intended for mockery instead proclaimed THE TRUTH
YOU are King of Kings, God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come
On that day, as you laid on the cross, the heavens declared your glory
With thunderous applause
The earth mourned the loss of your presence
Rumbling and shaking in its sorrow
The enemy rejoiced as they placed YOU in the tomb
Thinking he’d won
Man’s salvation undone
But little did he know that YOU would rise from the dead
Conquering death
Triumphant instead
YOU ascended into Heaven
YOU are seated at the right hand of THE FATHER
YOU intercede on my behalf
YOU are preparing my eternal home
YOU sent us your Spirit in a blaze of fire
To dwell in our hearts
To guide, comfort, counsel, and empower
So until YOU return or I go home
I will spread THE GOOD NEWS
Hosanna, Hosanna, JESUS saves!

Happy Easter. 
Love,
Yolanda
Whom have I in heaven but you? I desire you more than anything on earth. My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever.Those who desert him will perish, for you destroy those who abandon you. But as for me, how good it is to be near God! I have made the Sovereign Lord my shelter, and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things you do. Psalm 73:25-28 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and feedback.