Friday, September 19, 2014

Where's My Miracle?

Recently I had a little pity party because I expected something to go a certain way. My way... if I’m honest.
When it didn't, I called out (OK I whined) to God and pleaded for a sign. Everywhere I looked and everything I heard, I kept hoping was a sign from God.

I went to church that weekend still searching. Every song and message that came across was the same question, “Is Jesus enough? If you never get another blessing, is Jesus enough for you?” Instantly, I felt the need to ask for forgiveness from My Father in Heaven. And I responded, “You are enough!”

Well, because God is so good and He loves me in spite of my many pity parties, He gave me my sign a couple days later. And every day since, He has increased and magnified that sign until I no longer need it because my heart got the message. 

Here's a poem that came out of this experience:

Where’s My Miracle?

Lord, I need a miracle
Right now! Don’t you see?
Why can’t I see miracles?
Yet you expect me to believe?

I do not see your blessings
In my daily toil
All I see is problems, Lord
Yet you expect me to stay loyal?

Shouldn't I get rewarded, Lord
For all the good I do?
Where’s my prize, Lord
Yet you expect me to stay true?

From Heaven came My Father’s voice
Not in a roar like thunder
But in a gentle rain, asking
“You want to see My wonder?”

Then My Child
Open up your heart to ME
And you will see miracles
Beyond your wildest dreams

Your eyes are blinded by pain
That I did not bestow
My desire is to help
But you refuse to let pain go

Hand me your broken heart
And I will replace it with My own
Full of love and forgiveness
You don’t have to be alone

Take My Spirit within you
My peace and joy will abound
Your veil of darkness will be removed
You shall see My Glory all around

I spoke the universe into existence
I designed the earth for your presence
My moon is a marvel to modern science
But instead of My handiwork
You choose to see happenstance

My miracles towards you are endless
As countless as the sands of the sea
Gifts of compassion and provision
Yet you deny these gifts are from ME

It’s your choice
Stay blind or come and see
I will not force your hand
Nor command you to believe
MY love is freely given
It’s up to you to receive

Written by Yolanda

Isaiah 30:18 (AMP)

And therefore the Lord [earnestly] waits [expecting, looking, and longing] to be gracious to you; and therefore He lifts Himself up, that He may have mercy on you and show loving-kindness to you.

For the Lord is a God of justice.

Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) are all those who [earnestly] wait for Him, who expect and look and long for Him [for His victory, His favor, His love, His peace, His joy, and His matchless, unbroken companionship]!






2 comments:

  1. Good word!!!!!! I can totally relate!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jerry. I'm so glad you commented because I needed confirmation on this one. It was on my mind all night so I was so thankful I got your comment this morning. Praying the Lord's continued hand of blessing on you, your writing and ministry.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and feedback.